Power & Electrical
Power and Electrical (P&E) are primarily responsible for the maintenance and fault rectification of 630v DC Electrical Track Equipment (ETE) including traction supply switches, Depot overhead supplies, traction earth detectors and traction feeder cables. In addition, P&E maintain the London Underground station to station 400v AC lighting main, tunnel lighting and tunnel transformers. P&E cable linemen can provide safe isolation of 630v DC traction supplies for planned possession works and emergency response.
P&E operate a programmed maintenance regime to London Underground Cat 1 standards that is regularly scrutinised and evaluated to ensure that safety performance and efficiency remain at the forefront of delivery.
P&E fully embrace the five key company values, and key performance measures are reviewed and monitored. Corrective action plans are developed to assist in maintaining standards and for identifying any potential improvement opportunities. Skills development is a cornerstone of P&E philosophy; we invest in our employee development so we stay ahead of the game in an ever changing environment.
P&E cable linemen are licensed to Institute of Railway Signal Engineers (IRSE) standards and are continuously performance-monitored to ensure provision of the most professional and competent service possible to our customers, both internally and externally to Tube Lines.
Innovation plays a key role in the everyday life of P&E and the development of bespoke traction switch insulator blocks and customised rail drilling machines have all been Tube Lines innovation award winners.
What can we do for you?
- A Power and Electrical design capability.
- Installation, maintenance and repair of ETE assets across the railway industry.
- Electrical installation to NIC/EIC standards.
- The installation of bespoke temporary power supplies.
- Vent shaft isolations.
- Undertaking of portable appliance testing.
- Emergency electrical response.
Did you know?
- P&E are responsible for the asset management of all Electrical Trackside Equipment on behalf of Tube Lines.
- There are some 14,478 individual assets listed in the in the P&E maintenance programme.
- P&E are responsible for the on-going availability and maintenance of some 528 PCRID units across the Tube Lines network.
- The P&E Electrical team are accredited to the prestigious NIC/EIC industry competence standard.
- P&E are responsible for the maintenance and servicing of tunnel lighting and tunnel transformer equipment across the Tube Lines network.